As I live my life and watch others live theirs, I tend to see some of God’s Words and Commands seem to get left out of lives. The Bible is VERY explicit on those that will gain a home in Heaven. (P.S. not everybody will make it!!)
A look at some of these verses:
1) Jesus said, “He who BELIEVES and is BAPTIZED will be saved: but he who does not believe WILL be condemned.” It takes more than just believing to be saved. The Commands here are not only believing, but, also being Baptized. Mark 16:16
2) Then Peter said to them, “REPENT, and let EVERY one of you be BAPTIZED in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” Repent means to do away with the sin in our lives. The gift of the Holy Spirit is given to us at the time of Baptism. The Command here is not only doing away with our sins, but, also being Baptized. Acts 2:38
3) The writer of Hebrews says, “And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, NOT forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another.” The assembly being spoken of here is Worship Services and Bible studies. The Command here is, attend all Worship Services and Bible studies where God’s people are assembled. Hebrews 10:24-25
4) Paul tells the Church at Corinth, “On the first day of the week, let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper.” The example here is to attend Worship every (Inclusive) first day of the week. The command is to give back to God as you have prospered, thanking Him for the blessings He has given us. 1st Corinthians 16:2
This, further impresses the Command for us to assemble together for Worship on the 1st day of the week.
5) In Acts, Paul says, “Now on the 1st day of the week, when disciples came together to break bread.” The example here, is meeting on the 1st day of the week. The Command is Communing with our Lord and remembering the Death, Burial, and Resurrection of Jesus. If we don’t assemble and Worship on the 1st day of each, how do we pay this tribute to Jesus as is commanded? Acts 20:7
6) But now you yourselves are to put off all these: ANGER, WRATH, MALICE, BLASPHEMY, and FILTHY LANGUAGE from you mouth. I see these thing going on 24/7, yet, the Command is to get rid of them. Colossians 3:9
7) Paul tells the Corinthians, “Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? (Those not keeping God’s Commands) Do not be deceived, Fornicators, Idolaters, Adulterers, Homosexuals, Sodomites, Thieves, Covetous, Drunkards, Revilers, and Extortioners will NOT inherit the Kingdom of God.” That is what God’s Word says, BELIEVE it!! 1st Corinthians 6:9-10
There are many more passages that could be used. The point here is many are not living according to what God wants and says. Take heed, NOT everyone is going to Heaven. God says!!
SMILE God loves YOU!! Have a good day all.